SAF Appoints Five New Team Members Amid Company-Wide Growth
New Hires, Promotions Augment Project Management, Sales Teams
ATLANTA, GA (January 26, 2022) – SAF, a global metals distributor, fabricator, and finisher is pleased to announce the promotion of a longtime employee as well as the addition of four new team members to the sales and project management teams. The year 2021 marked historic sales growth for SAF, and the industry-leading metals fabricator also celebrated the opening of a new manufacturing facility in September. To address the need for additional team members to manage the company’s growth, SAF has promoted internally in addition to welcoming new faces from outside the organization.
- Jermaine Johnson has been promoted to inside sales representative and will be based out of SAF’s corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA. Johnson possesses more than 10 years of logistics experience and previously held roles at SAF in the shipping and inventory department, where he gained in-depth, hands-on knowledge of SAF’s manufacturing process.
- Nick Tomei has been appointed project manager for SAF’s perimeter systems division. Tomei brings decades of industry experience to his new role and will be on the front lines working with SAF customers – including owners, architects, general contractors, and installers – for all roof edge architectural metal needs. Prior to joining SAF, Tomei spent nearly five years as a project manager for another Atlanta-based metal supplier and fabricator.
- Stephanie Spiwak joins SAF as inside sales representative and will also be based out of the corporate headquarters in Atlanta, GA. Prior to joining SAF, Spiwak held roles in customer service for a local Atlanta residential window installation company. She also gained extensive sales experience serving in another inside sales role for a technical automation distributor based in Pendergrass, GA.
- Amelia MacDonald joins the SAF sales team in a dual role as an administrative assistant and inside sales representative. As inside sales representative, MacDonald will serve as the first point of contact for customer inquiries, which will include generating quotes and orders. In her administrative assistant role, MacDonald will manage billing for SAF West and coordinate shipping, pickup, and delivery services for SAF customers in Northern California.
- Brent Highley is fulfilling a unique responsibility as the first internal salesperson for SAF’s newest location – SAF Texas – that opened in September 2021. In this role, Highley will serve as the primary point of contact for SAF customers in Texas and the surrounding Southwestern U.S. region. His diversified sales background will help him effectively manage account growth, referrals, and customer inquiries. Highley will also lead the charge at SAF to grow market share in the Central United States. Prior to joining SAF, Brent gained significant industry experience working for a construction company in North Texas. He has also served in a variety of sales roles throughout his career.
“We are in the midst of a strong growth period here at SAF,” said John McClatchey, vice president of sales and marketing at SAF. “The combined experience of these five employees really strengthens our team. Each of them will help us more effectively serve our customers and carry out our corporate mission to Make a Difference. Serve. Share. Create.”
For 75 Years, SAF has served as one of the nation’s most complete resources for metals distribution, finishing, and fabrication. SAF is a mill-direct aluminum buyer, an approved fabricator for major aluminum composite panel (ACM) manufacturers, and a mill-direct buyer of aluminum coil and extrusions. In addition to providing custom fabrication, painting, and anodizing, SAF Fabrication engineers aluminum, panel, and column systems for commercial building projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.saf.com.