Zurn Launches Two New AIA-Approved CEU Courses Addressing Water Safety and Sanitation
A Total of Six Courses Available on The Continuing Architect (TCA)
ERIE, PA – Zurn Industries, LLC, the leader in engineered water solutions, has launched two new continuing education (CEU) courses for architects that address water safety and sanitation–bringing the total roster of recent Zurn learning units to six.
Both new Zurn CEUs are available in streaming HD video via The Continuing Architect (TCA): www.thecontinuingarchitect.com. They are a part of a series of eight courses scheduled for release on TCA by the end of 2014.
The two new Zurn courses are:
* “Potable Water Safety Through Backflow Prevention” outlines the various options to prevent backflow contamination caused by backsiphonage or backpressure. Only one percent of the world’s water supply is potable and in liquid form (as opposed to frozen water trapped in glaciers and polar caps).
* “Creating a Sanitary Water Environment” explains how sanitation can be achieved at the beginning of a building’s life through the building’s design. When a building’s water system is viewed holistically, it becomes apparent that there are many possible points of contamination that can be avoided through design considerations.
“Although sustainability remains a top priority for Zurn, we have broadened our area of focus with our new Zurn AIA-approved continuing education courses" says Christine Verdecchia, Director of Communications for Zurn. “In these two new CEUs, Zurn now turns the focus to water safety and sanitation, a growing concern for architects, engineers, and others in the building and water solutions fields. Zurn believes in the importance of delivering world-class education to our specifying customers.”
The links to all of the Zurn CEUs launched thus far are:
- “Sustainable Restroom Design” www.thecontinuingarchitect.com/course/designing-sustainable-restrooms
- “Siphonic Roof Drain Systems” www.thecontinuingarchitect.com/course/siphonic-roof-drain-systems
- “Innovative Water Conservation Fixture Systems” http://www.thecontinuingarchitect.com/course/innovative-water-conservation-fixture-systems
- “Fundamentals of Trench Drain Systems” http://www.thecontinuingarchitect.com/course/fundamentals-of-trench-drain-systems
- “Potable Water Safety Through Backflow Prevention” www.thecontinuingarchitect.com/course/potable-water-safety-through-backflow-prevention
- “Creating a Sanitary Water Environment” www.thecontinuingarchitect.com/course/creating-a-sanitary-water-environment
Successful completion of each course qualifies an architect for one CES HSW LU credit with the American Institute of Architects (AIA).
About Zurn Industries
Zurn Industries, LLC is a recognized leader in commercial, municipal, and industrial markets. Zurn manufactures the largest breadth of engineered water solutions in the industry, including a wide spectrum of sustainable plumbing products. Zurn delivers total building solutions for new construction and retrofit applications that enhance any building’s environment. For more information, visit www.zurn.com.